Thanks and an acknowledgment to all
I would like to thank the following people who have
helped either by their labor or educational knowledge, through
donations of seeds and/or plants, and especially to those for
their warm friendly inspirational passion with tropical gardening
and the pleasure of their friendship.
- Robert L Riffle (Houston, TX): Bob, thank you for
Tropical Look", your knowledge and passion for
palms and tropical plants has refreshed my own enthusiasm and
has inspired me expand my plant and garden species. See if these
don't spark a fire in you as they truly did me!
- Charlie and Ellen Fehrenkamp (Corpus Christi, TX):
gave us our first plant, even before we arrived here in South
Texas. Charlie for his hard labor at removing trees,
rototilling and palm recovery....
- Mike Burnett (Houston, TX): Mike, creator of "Iconx",
'A Gulf Coast Garden'
is a very good friend and mentor, I've enjoyed our short outings
(roadside horticulture), in the gathering of seed and cuttings.
I'm looking forwards to many more trips in the future, Mike is
a plant whiz and a very dear & special friend. Thank you
for all the neat and wonderful plants that have added much character
and charm to our garden.
- Gunter and Gaby Schmidt (Ingleside on the Bay, TX):
Gaby for her fine food and deserts! Gunter, "The
Palm King", Is a business partner, fellow gardener,
and brother. We share the same passion for palms and plants and
a trip palm shopping with Gunter is truly an experience.
- Lynn and Kenneth McKamey (Gregory, TX): Lynn, "Rhapis Gardens"
for her knowledge and generosity and friendship (Lynn gave us
our rare Chamaedorea metallica 'split-leaf'. Kenneth for
all the good compost he gave us!
- Ed Ladd and John Dillard (Corpus Christi, TX): Ed
and John, "Mahpro"
thanks for all the neat places y'all have taken us while here
in South Texas, but lets not go to El Paso (Much to far)!
- Bill Bittle (Rockport, TX): The founding Father of
Society of South Texas"
- Thad and Alice Magyar (Santa Rosa, TX): A great gardener
and mentor "just give him a seed and hide and watch",
Thad and Alice have a beautiful garden "Mango's
Tropical Jungle" in Santa Rosa Texas.
- Peter Hueppi (Sugarland, TX): Peter and his mother
are wonderful, warm, friendly people and a pleasure to call friends.
Thank you Peter, for all you have done on the internet with regards
to palms and tropicals and for the cool palm seeds from "The Cool
- Tamara Haygood (Corpus Christi, TX): Thank you for
the beautiful Brahea edulis!
- John and son Blake Volk (San Antonio, TX): Like many
of my friends here in South Texas I met John on the internet.
I know John is proud of his son Blake, he knows more then us
old timers and maybe some day he'll be the next generation Garden
Guru. Thanks guys for the San Antonio Livistona hybrid
and other palms and seeds. Blake also has a web site http://www.blakespalms.homestead.com/
Check it out!
- Don Tollefson (Venice, CA): Information and inspiration
- Richard Travis (San Antonio, TX): Thanks for the Wodyetia
- Charles and Lana Vieh (San Benito, TX): Palms, seeds
and good friendship.When in South Texas stay at "Vieh's B&B"
also Charlie gives tours of Northern Mexico, a botanical wonderland
- Bob Harris (Rockport, TX): It would take a page to
list all the wonderful and rare palms and plants that Bob gave
us! Some of them include, Livistona muelleri, Hyphaene
thebaica, Phoenix theophrasti and many Zamia and
Dioon species. Thank you Bob!
- Anna Lou Brown (Corpus Christi, TX): Thank you for
the wonderful Brugmansia!
- John Durrwachter (Charles City, IA): Butia capitata
- Bill Baker (Austin, TX): Seeds and information with
- Will Crump (Houston TX) very special friend, thanks
Will, for all the plants and inspirational highs!
- Kyle Robinson (Houston TX) Wodyetia bifurcata
and Nannorrhops ritchieana palms Kyle grew from seeds.
- Carol Farrald (Elsa TX) many plants and palms.
- John Ingwersen (Carlsbad CA) for those hard to find
- Mike Byerley (Portland OR) Hoya and friendship.
- Alvin Guerrero Atlantis Nursery (Cibolo TX) Bromeliads,
knowledge and Friendship
- John Anderson (Corpus Christi TX) Bromeliads and knowledge
- The Palm
Society of South Texas
- The International Palm
- Texas A&M at Corpus
- San Antonio Botanical
Corpus Christi Botanical Gardens
- A special thanks to all the good and helpful people on
the various Message Boards, and to those that have emailed me
Again, thanks to each and everyone!